Thursday, April 1, 2010

Education

After I graduate from High School I plan on going to Kirkwood for two years and getting in my required classes. After that I am thinking that I will move to either Chicago, Illinois, or Fort Worth, Texas. If I choose to go to Chicago I want to go to SAIC which is School of the Art Institute of Chicago. If i choose to go to Texas then I want to try and get into the Art Institute of Fort Worth. Both of these schools are the kind of schools where you look at fashion as an art and then try to just go with your Passion. I would really like going to one of these schools and they are my top two choices. I found out some of the types of classes that I will need to take, but basically it depends on what kinds of classes you want to take and what exactly you want to do. Obviously, for me, I would need to take some textile classes, and some sewing classes, probably a class about different fabrics, those kinds of classes. But the major thing for me is that I move out of Iowa. Iowa is not a place you should stay if you want to be a fashion designer, or do anything in Fashion. New York, Chicago, and Texas are the big fashion places. I would love to visit New York but not live there. I do love the fast paced environment but it would be too far away from my family and friends. If i move to Chicago it is only like 4 hours away from my dad, and if i move to Texas I have lots of family there, not to mention the warm weather. And that is my general plan for education.

No comments:

Post a Comment