Monday, March 29, 2010

200 Projects to Get You Into Fashion

200 Projects To Get You Into Fashion was a book that I read to get started. It is a book full of ideas for you to do if you want to be a fashion designer. I am going to refure to it many times in the future. It really helped me to get an idea of how to start things, and that, I think for most people, is one of the hardest things to do.

The first thing this book says to do is find a sketchbook. Once you have done that you need to decorate it in a way that shows who you are. Maybe you could put pictures of friends and family on it, or maybe you could make it your favorite color. What I did with mine was I decorated it with pictures of fashion that I liked, but you could really do anything just as long as you make it your own. Then after you do that you should start to find things in your room or around the house and start to sketch them. This was my worst fear. I am not the best artist in the whole world. But after only a couple drawings I got the hang of it. When you draw things in your sketchbook, that is another way to make things yours. Nobody has your technique, or your handwriting, or even draws the way that you do. So even if you dont really know it, your sketchbook will not look like anybody elses.

Once you get the hang of sketching things, maybe after you have practiced sketching people, you can start by sketching your friends and what they are wearing. The next step that I have to accomplish, and the next step after you have done this, is to maybe take your camera around with you. Find things that you could take and turn into fashion. Maybe even get a theme going. That is the major part too. Once you can take something simple and turn it into a peice of fashion, you can do anything. After that you decide what fabrics you want to use and you make your outfit. Who knows, maybe you could even be the next biggest fashion designer around.

No comments:

Post a Comment